Shenzhen Dazheng Weiye Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
Contact: Zhan Zhenyu
QQ: 1605140880, 416126808
Contact: Chen Yaye
Address: 4th Floor, Building 19, Area C, Nanlian Fangxing Technology Park, Longgang District, Shenzhen
On new energy vehicles currently has two mainstream battery technology route, lithium iron phosphate batteries and ternary lithium batteries, although the two batteries compete in many application areas, but competition in the field of new energy vehicles as the main line, because this is the nation's largest lithium battery application scenario, since want to competition, there must be compared, battery performance compared with the price of the car can be carried out, and from the performance comparison of ternary lithium battery and lithium iron phosphate batteries which good, is by setting the conditions, it is concluded that the actual data of the two kinds of battery is clear. According to the experiments of relevant laboratories, new energy automobile manufacturers and power battery manufacturers, although each test inevitably has slight differences in specific parameters, the judgment on the performance of the two kinds of batteries tends to be consistent. For this reason, we take representative parameters for comparison.
1. Byd for passenger cars and tesla for cars. That's the difference in volume. From the current technology, the energy density of ternary lithium battery is generally 200Wh/kg, and it may reach 300Wh/kg in the future. While lithium iron phosphate battery is basically hovering at 100~110Wh/kg, some can reach 130~150Wh/kg, but it is very difficult to break through 200Wh/kg. As a result, ternary materials can provide twice as much room as lithium iron phosphate, which is important for cars with limited space. Tesla produces ternary lithium batteries, and byd produces lithium iron phosphate batteries.
2. Also because of the high energy density, the weight is much smaller, the light weight and small occupation of space determines that the new energy vehicle with ternary lithium battery consumes less electricity, so the speed is faster and the endurance is stronger. Therefore, three-yuan lithium battery can be used for cars to go farther, while lithium iron phosphate new energy vehicle is still used for city bus basically at present, because the range is not long, there is a charging pile to be charged within a short distance.
3. Of course, the use of lithium iron phosphate batteries in passenger buses is more based on safety considerations. There has been more than one fire accident in tesla cars. The reason is that the battery pack of tesla is composed of about 7000 18650 ternary lithium batteries. If there is an internal short circuit in the battery pack of these units or the whole battery pack, it will generate an open fire. However, the lithium iron phosphate material will not burn in case of short circuit, and its high temperature resistance performance is much better than lithium ternary battery.
4. Although lithium iron phosphate battery high temperature resistant, but the ternary lithium battery low temperature resistant performance is better, is a major technical route, the manufacture of lithium-ion batteries at low temperature at minus 20 ° C, the ternary lithium battery can release 70.14% of capacity, and lithium iron phosphate batteries can only release the 54.94% capacity, and due to the low temperature condition, the ternary lithium battery discharge platform is much higher than the lithium iron phosphate battery voltage platform startup faster.
5. Charging efficiency, higher ternary lithium battery. Lithium battery charging adopts the method of limiting current and voltage, that is, constant current charging is carried out in the first stage, when the current is large and the efficiency is high. After constant current charging reaches a certain voltage, it enters the second stage of constant voltage charging. At this time, the current is small and the efficiency is low. Therefore, to measure the charging efficiency of them, the ratio of constant current charge quantity to total battery capacity is called constant current ratio. Experimental data show that there is little difference between the two when charging under 10C, but the distance will be separated when charging above 10C. When charging at 20C, the constant current ratio of ternary lithium battery is 52.75%, and that of lithium iron phosphate battery is 10.08%, the former is 5 times of the latter.
6. In terms of cycle life, lithium iron phosphate battery is better than lithium ternary battery. The theoretical life of lithium ternary battery is 2000 times, but basically, the capacity will be reduced to 60% after 1000 cycles. Even the best brand in the industry, tesla, can only maintain 70% of its power after 3,000 cycles, while the lithium iron phosphate battery still has 80% of its capacity after the same cycle.
The above six aspects of comparison can be roughly concluded that the relative advantages of the two are helpful for forklift lithium battery manufacturers to answer the question of which is better: lithium iron phosphate battery is safe, has a long life, and can withstand high temperature; Ternary lithium battery has light weight, high charging efficiency and low temperature resistance. Therefore, the adaptability of ternary lithium battery and ternary lithium battery is the reason for the coexistence of the two.